Friday, October 25, 2013

Busy Fall

After a summer of deliberation and chance I've focused on the Tartan 37, my beautiful "Pilgrim"and she is nearly ready to launch.   I decided to have the bottom shaved and reglassed which was the cause for delay.   Very expensive and extensive job.  Now Pilgrim has two layers of fresh 1808 DBM laid on with vinylester, and a 6 coats of Mil Spec industrial epoxy.  I had bought Inter-protect 2000/2001, but the bottom expert recommended the Mil Spec so I returned the Interlux product.   I have at the moment 4 coats on, 5th today, and last tomorrow followed by bottom paint.

Concurrent with the bottom we've been finishing the other projects.  All "stuff" works now.  All through hull hoses replaced.   Bilge pump and shower sump working.  fuel tank pulled, scrubbed and re-installed.   New pintle made and rudder re-made.   Chainplate area wetness cut out, repaired and re-caulked, cushions being re-done with recycled leather...

Still a long list, including installing the Espar diesel furnace.  All the rest can be done in the water though, and I'm planning on launching Tuesday or Wednesday.  

After launching, I really have no idea what I'll do...

This bottom procedure was performed by

Bayside Boatworks (baysideboatworks@yahoo.com).    410-271-2057

The owner and proprietor of Bayside, Jeff Hickman, invented the shaving machine he uses and is the best around.  If you have any blister concerns he's the man to call.

here are pics of the projects;







1 comment:

  1. Nice pintle! Good to see Pilgrim finally taking shape. Would love to be there when she hits the water and gets out of that marina for good.

    ReplyDelete